Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Double Dragon V – The Shadow Falls is an arcade fighting game based on the double dragon series.
Released in 1994, now you can play it on the web.
Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls is a fighting game that follows the 8-way directional pad/stick and 6-button layout common to most fighting games at the time (including Street Fighter II), consisting of weak, medium and strong punches and kicks. The Genesis version supports the standard 3-button controller (making use of the start button to toggle between punches and kicks), as well as the 6-button controller released the previous year, while the Jaguar version makes use of its 3-button controller for punches and the 3, 6 and 9 keypad buttons for kicks instead. Characters have several special moves, as well as finishing moves called “Overkills” where the losing character has their own unique death animation when defeated by a certain type of basic attack.
The game features four game modes to choose from: Tournament is an arcade-style single player mode, where the player competes against a series of computer-controlled opponents, with each character having their own ending. Vs. Battle is a two-player mode where one player battles another. Quest is an alternate single player mode where one competes in a series of plot-based matches and the player can choose to play as one of the Lee brothers, who are on a mission to stop the Shadow Master from releasing a plague, or play as one of the Shadow Warriors, who must compete to become the Shadow Master’s new second-in-command. The player can also alter the storyline by having Billy be the Shadow Boss while Jimmy is good. In Quest Mode, the player can also adjust the attributes of their own character. Watch Mode allows the player to pit two computer-controlled characters against each other. There is also a Dossiers mode, where the player gets to view the game’s character profiles, as well as an Options mode to adjust the difficulty setting, control configuration and other features.
Shadow Falls has a character roster of twelve fighters – ten immediately playable characters (the two “Double Dragons” and eight Shadow Warriors) and two end bosses. Many of the characters are taken from the Double Dragon animated series that aired during the game’s release. Only Bones, Sekka, Blade, and Dominique are original characters, with Blade’s design being based on the generic Shadow Warrior soldiers who were on the show. Dominique and the Shadow Master are playable in the Super NES and Genesis versions via a code. In the Jaguar version, Blade, Trigger Happy, and Icepick were removed, while Dominique became part of the default roster.
The Double Dragons
- Billy Lee – Raised by the Oldest Dragon after being left at the Dragon Dojo by his father John Lee to find his twin brother, he was raised as a Dragon Master to obey the code to the letter. After meeting his brother Jimmy, he decides to fight and becomes a Double Dragon. He is noble and only fights when he must.
- Jimmy Lee – Raised by the Shadow Master and fooled into believing the Shadow Master was his father, he was raised to be the Shadow Boss and be evil. After being betrayed by the Shadow Warrior he joins with Billy as a Double Dragon. He is reckless and always gets in trouble.
The Shadow Warriors
- Shadow Master – The master of all Shadow Warriors, he is evil and deceptive. His ultimate goal is to cover the world in darkness and stips of her high heels, Dominique is the personal bodyguard of the Shadow Master and is his most loyal and devoted minion. She is a sub-boss who precedes the Shadow Master.
- Jawbreaker – A monstrous pink-skinned mutant, he will eat anything and anyone. He has a large jaw with sharp teeth and can bite a chunk out of anything.
- Icepick – A Cyborg and computer expert, Icepick’s body is entirely made of solid Crystal which gives him an Ice-Man like appearance. He fights using a sword and dagger with ice powers.
- Bones – A undead skeleton resurrected by the Shadow Master who is influenced by rock n’ roll and has a tattoo of a cobra on his forehead. He wields a laser rifle.
- Sickle – A Rude and cruel Street fighter and criminal. He fights with two rather large red sickles.
- Blade – A French Cuisine expert and hired mercenary of the Shadow warriors. His weapons are crimson blades on his gauntlets.
- Trigger Happy – A large brute ex-military who loves to destroy and shoot at things, he loves chaos. He uses a hand mounted blaster to fire at unsuspecting people.
- Countdown – A Robotically enhanced Cyborg. He attacks with shoulder mounted rocket blasters and laser vision, he was manipulated into betraying the Shadow Master and was punished for his treason, Countdown fights for his survival now.
- Sekka – A television personality and mercenary who was hired by the Shadow Master, she is more interested in her payment than the Shadow Warriors’ cause and follows her own agenda, making her more neutral. Sekka wears a combat armor and claws similar to Blade on the end of her gauntlets.
As Always, Good Luck and Have Fun.
How to Play
|Player 1 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, X, Y Button =||[J], [K], [I], [L]|
|L, R Button =||[U], [O]|
|PLAY, SELECT =||[Enter], [Space-Bar]|
|Player 2 (Default Mapping)|
|Inside The Game||Your Keyboard|
|A, B, Y, X Button =||[NumPad 1], [NumPad 2], [NumPad 3], [NumPad 5]|
|L, R Button =||[NumPad 4], [NumPad 6]|
|PLAY, SELECT =||[NumPad 9], [NumPad 7]|
How to Save: Hover over the game canvas. A save button will appear at the top of the game screen. When you click "Save" button, the save code (spot) will be saved onto your browser's storage system automatically.
How to Load: Come back anytime in the future, simply click "Load" to resume from your latest save spot. (Assuming you did not clear your browser' data
Recommended Browser: Chrome